Airtel is in the news again and this time it has roped in good news for its customers. Amazon’s Prime membership is available for free, exclusively for Airtel customers. India’s largest Telecom operator Bharati Airtel recently announced a partnership with e-commerce honcho Amazon to offer a year of free Amazon Prime membership to the postpaid customers.
Airtel is providing it’s postpaid and V-Fiber broadband customers a free 1-year subscription of Amazon Prime service only by downloading the Airtel TV app. This promotional offer has been initially available to only a few users, but now, has been rolled out to all eligible customers. Also, this promotional offer would not only provide users with yet another platform on which to watch movies and TV shows but also help Airtel compete with Jio, in lieu of its assorted movie streaming and live TV apps. Further, this offer arrived soon after the country’s biggest telecom operator made the Airtel TV app free for subscribers until June 2018.
This offer is available only to Airtel postpaid customers on myInfinity plans priced at ₹499 and above, and to V-Fiber broadband users on plans priced above ₹1,000. A source attached to this initiative also regarded that the partnership between the telecom giant and the e-commerce titan is until December this year. So a subscriber who would avail the offer now would be able to enjoy the services for 12 months. However, if a subscriber activates the free service in April, they would get only 9 months of free Prime usage. For those who are not aware, the Amazon Prime subscription comes with free delivery. So, access to Prime Video streaming, early access to deals in sales as well as exclusive deals is also valid.
Now, the procedure to claim Airtel’s free Amazon Prime subscription offer:
- To claim the offer, the eligible subscribers need to download the Airtel TV app from App Store or Play Store and log in using the registered mobile number.
- Once logged in, users just need to scroll down and would see a banner of Amazon Prime.
- Then with a tap on the banner, a dialogue box would appear, with details of the Prime service. Then the users would have to tap on Activate Now.
- The users would have to then fill in the required Amazon account credentials.
- Once the credentials are verified, the free 365-day Amazon Prime subscription would start, and users would be informed of the same via SMS and email.
It needs to be remembered that this offer is only for Amazon users who do not have a Prime membership. So, if already a subscriber, then he/she you would have to wait for the ongoing Prime subscription to end before you one can avail the offer again. Similarly, Amazon customers on a free trial of the service can avail the offer, but then their subscription would be bound by Airtel’s rules.