Yet again, Jio brings in another good news for all its existing users. The Mukesh Ambani owned telecom company has finally revealed that the Jio Prime Membership renewal program is extended for another 12 months for all the existing prime members and is absolutely free.
This has finally ended the confusion over the fate of Prime subscription, which ended on March 31, for all consumers irrespective of their purchase of the ₹99 membership. Of course, customers who join the Jio network on or after 1 April 2018, or those who are a subscriber but don’t have a Jio Prime membership till now, would have to pay the subscription fee of Rs. ₹99 to avail the benefits that come with the membership, which would be valid until 31 March 2019.
Now, if already a Jio member, chances are on he/she would be one of the 175 million people already enjoying Jio Prime membership. Now, the steps below states the way of extending benefits for another year, for free.
How to extend Jio Prime free for 12 months?
- Users need to download the MyJio app and then sign in using the Jio number.
- Once logged in the app, users would notice a banner with the text: ‘Congratulations! Extend Jio Prime free for a year’. Here, tap on the Get Now In case, the banner not visible, these steps need to be followed.
- On the next page, users would see the following message: “Jio Prime is getting bigger, you are a valued Jio Prime member. And we are extending one full year’s subscription absolutely free for you.” Below this message would be the list of Jio numbers registered for the users:
- Tap on the number whose Prime service is planned to be extended, and then tap on the Proceed. In this case, users can choose multiple numbers to extend the service, provided they all have purchased Jio Prime for them.
- Now, users would see another message popping up, which would read like,“ request raised successfully,” and that the company “will get back to you shortly.”
That’s where the process of extending Jio Prime for one more year ends. Then, in next couple of hours, users would get a message saying that the Prime membership has been extended for a year.
To look back, the Prime subscription was announced in February last year as the company went from a free service and adopted the paid model. Priced at ₹99 for the whole year, the subscription came to an end on March 31. At the time of the announcement, members were to be given additional data at the same prices compared to non-Prime members. While it was an opt-in service initially, the Prime membership fee was later automatically added to the recharge cost when a user tried to purchase a pack, thus making it effectively mandatory.