The week that started from 21st May 2018, had some scintillating news to offer from the technological arena. Microsoft Cortana turned out to be more ‘human’, Paytm acquires TicketNew from Alibaba, YouTube video messaging feature comes to Desktop and lots more. Let’s find out what else happened in the Tech World:
1. Ride first, pay later with Ola Credit
The latest news from Ola this time states of its latest service Ola Credit which allows the users to ride first and then pay later.
2. BSNL introducing 4G at just ₹20
BSNL is recently in the headlines right now for the launch of its 4G SIM cards for ₹20, all across India. To know more, read on.
3. Microsoft Cortana might turn out to be more ‘human’
The latest from Microsoft states of its voice assistant Cortana, which might be now available with more ‘human’ touch than before.
4. Google Doodle tributes Raja Ram Mohan Roy, the Father of Indian Renaissance
Google recently celebrated the 246th birth anniversary of India’s most celebrated social reformer Raja Ram Mohan Roy with a Google doodle.
5. India wants to avail AI in its weaponry
India aiming at artificial intelligence to develop its weapons, defense and surveillance systems, the government officials declared.
6. Paytm acquires TicketNew from Alibaba
Paytm has acquired TicketNew. TicketNew is a Chennai based online ticketing startup in the all-stock deal to strengthen its entertainment ticketing business.
7. Anti-weed robots are new challenges to agrochemical giants
The recent news from the AI genre states of Anti-weed robots, which are now the new challengers to agrochemical giants. Read now to know more.
8. WhatsApp new update enables hiding multimedia
WhatsApp is rolling out a new feature that will permit its users to hide photos and video received in chats. This feature is called “Show media in the gallery”.
9. YouTube’s video messaging feature now comes to Desktop
YouTube’s video messaging service, which was initially launched for Android and iOS, is also now available for the desktop.
10. Google Duplex AI, The Common Man’s Jarvis
Google is working on the AI and Voice Assistant for a couple of years. But this year was Special, as they announced the Duplex AI, an extension of Google assistant that can make phone calls to real humans just by asking it to do so.