Previously this year, WhatsApp has already declared that people whose WhatsApp backups haven’t been updated in more than one year would be automatically removed from Google Drive storage starting from November 12.
Hereby, backing up WhatsApp data is not just a safe option to preserve the messages, images and videos shared by loved ones but also most importantly this to keep the contacts up-to-date.
Steps of Backing up WhatsApp Data On Google Drive:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap Menu >Settings >Chats > Chat Backup.
- With this users can tap Back Up to create an immediate backup.
- Users might also tap Back up to Google Drive to set a backup frequency.
- For users who don’t have a Google account set up already, tap Add account when prompted.
- Users the need to Tap Back up over to choose the network users want to use for backup. However, users might be reminded that backing up over a cellular data network might result in additional data charges.
There also remains an interesting bit that once is someone loses his/her Android phone, he/she would be still able to get back those data back on the new phone within a few minutes of connecting to the internet.
WhatsApp would ask to restore chats and media from a backup once the number is verified. For this users simply need to tap RESTORE when prompted to and its all set to use.
Steps to backup WhatsApp on iPhone to Apple iCloud Storage:
- Open WhatsApp
- Tap Settings >>Chats>> Chat Backup
- Users might as well set the frequency of backup by going to WhatsApp>>Settings>> Chats >> Chat Backup>> Auto Backup>> choose any of these options—Daily/Weekly/Monthly/ or Off
A note of reminder for the users here remains that if he/she migrate to the new iPhone, WhatsApp data from the previous mobile would be restored automatically soon after the iCloud account gets activated and also provided the phone number is same as it was in the old model.